Without any doubt this year is far from a normal year. Given the pandemic situation, there has been a lot of chatter lately about the relevance of performance conversations and the need to lighten up the process. It can be confusing to decide whether you should keep running your performance reviews or not.
With increased number of people working from home, abandoning these reviews can result in losing connection with your team. Remember, Leadership is all about setting goals and objectives; you must lead and manage your team through this pandemic by setting clear goals and KPIs.
Having performance conversations present a great opportunity for leaders to give meaningful feedback to their team. These check-in conversations will help you address performance issues and give your team a direction to follow.
Find out the importance of conducting performance reviews during COVID-19 and learn strategies on how to address under performance:
- The importance of Performance Management during COVID-19
- Ways to address performance and conduct issues, even remotely
- How to address staff who are under performing or misconduct
- How to give staff an official warning
- How to prevent an unfair dismissal or adverse action claim