Whether you’re building a startup from the ground up or you have a company and need to start or refresh your business plan, having a professional to help you is imperative. Key Business Advisors are in the business of producing high-quality customised business plans which contain market research drawn from a wide range of sources.
If you run your own business we want to support you when it comes to creating a Business Plan. We have helped many businesses in Australia with writing a tailored plan for their business. We offer free business plan templates and business plan examples which you can download below.
Your business plan is the foundation of your business. If you need assistance in writing or refreshing your Business Plan please contact one of our friendly advisors on 1300 4 ADVICE or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure to download KBA’s 12 Steps – Business Plan Template which will provide useful tips, guidance, and advice on how to write a tailored Business Plan.
Download 12 Steps – Tailored Business Plan Template
WHAT IS A BUSINESS PLAN?
A business plan is a formal written document containing the goals of a business, the methods for attaining those goals, and the time frame for the achievement of the goals. It also describes the nature of the business, background information on the organisation, financial projections, and the strategies it intends to implement to achieve the stated targets. A tailored business plan serves as a plan that provides direction to the business.
THE PURPOSE OF A BUSINESS PLAN
Whether you’re a start-up or an established business wanting a refresh with a new approach, it’s important to have a plan to help you achieve your goals. A business plan is used to help manage an organisation by stating goals, how they will be achieved, and exactly when. The business plan will also help summarise what your organisation is about, why you exist, and where it will get to in the future. It will serve as a key point of reference for investors, partners, employees, and management to gauge progress against your objectives and help you achieve your goals.
12 Key Steps to Start or Refresh your Business Plan
- Business Description – A business description explains exactly what your company does, which includes your Mission, Vision, Purpose, and Values.
- Products and Services – Your products and services outline what you offer that would appeal to a potential client wanting to buy your products and services.
- Pricing Model – Your pricing model needs to be clear, easy to understand, and consistent in where it adds value to your new and existing clients.
- Industry Trends & Competition – Having good customer insight and foresight is key, but what is also important is understanding what your market demands, including your competition.
- Client Strategy & Target Market – It is important to have a clear plan of the ideal customer/industry that you want to target to get the best return on investment.
- Marketing Strategy – Linking your marketing strategy to your target market and incorporating what your company offers is an ingredient for success. The goal is to have a clear plan.
- Company Structure – As part of your growth plan, setting the foundations of what your company needs now, and in the future is paramount for company success.
- Business Processes – You cannot run a company without a proper business process in place. You need to explain what to do so staff follows the process preventing costly mistakes like rework.
- Finances & Budget – Implementing financial KPIs and budgeting is a must for every company. The knowledge of how your business financially performs is paramount for success.
- SWOT Analysis – This is all about company strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Build your business plan and then do the SWOT Analysis every quarter to stay on track.
- Business Goals – Set business goals and objectives for the 3, 6, 12, and 2 years with a 3-year vision that is all about planning and executing. It is the driving force to get things moving.
- Executive Summary – Summarising your business plan that incorporates all of the above is the platform for motivation and execution to deliver on your commitments.
What is important is the ongoing support that drives you to achieve your results from this business plan created. This is where the team at Key Business Advisors can support you in turning your business plan into action and help you get your business off the ground. We do this by holding you accountable to achieve the business goals and objectives that you have documented. We also can support/recommend other professional services where we are on the team to help you drive outcomes.
Please contact us at 1300 4 ADVICE or email email@example.com