Written by KBA Director, Colin Wilson
No matter how tough or how good your company is at the moment, one thing you must keep driving is the expectations and motivation of your staff. There are some companies who are going through some hardship, trying to get their company back on track, while there are others who are travelling extremely well. No matter what situation your company is in, you should not become complacent, negative or accepting. Now is the perfect time to increase your company’s capabilities and stay strong. You need to be 100% focused and look for all opportunities that come your way. Do not look inwards at things that are or could go wrong as this will spread negativity throughout your business.
Motivation is an interesting thing. We see companies from the same industry who have high motivation and staff with lesser skills sets that performing better than others who have more talent and capability, why? The poor performing company leaders are focused elsewhere, which is stopping them from moving forward to generate what is possible. These companies have taken their foot off the pedal and are starting to lose staff; not the poor performing staff, they are losing their quality staff because they feel that they are not being backed or supported.
Do not underestimate the power of management meetings, team meetings, business improvement sessions, motivational sessions, training, team building events, and the good old office banter that builds a collaborative and cohesive team. You need to get everyone on the same page! Negative comments and thoughts produce negative results! Get back into your business and work on the passion and drive it into tomorrow, no matter what the situation is, good or bad. Your team need you to lead and you need them to respond and perform. Make your business great! Make it so great that the motivation and empowerment is so high that you will achieve results greater than you expected!
Some things to consider to get your company moving:
- What is your business or strategic plan to grow your business in 2021 and beyond? Do you have one? You must have this and share your vision with your team for better purpose and engagement!
- What is your marketing and sales strategy to boost sales into your business? Is your marketing good and up to the latest standards? Can your sales team sell effectively? Do they have the motivation? What training or support do they need to close more sales? Set those expectations with a timeline!
- Are your staff following the process, your company policies, and procedures? Are there mistakes happening that cost your business because of poor care factor or policy mismatch? What do you need to do to fix this? Workshop, brainstorm, or have one-on-one conversations, setting clear expectations!
- Have you got staff who are under performing? Are you procrastinating because you have lost your drive? Bring back the performance reviews/ appraisals and address poor performance!
- When was the last time you did something great for your staff where they have left feeling positive, empowered, and driven to help your business succeed? What does success look like for you, what does it look like for your staff?
You need to stay 100% positive and focused. You need to march that negativity and poor performance right out the door. You need to be agile, resilient, and drive your company into tomorrow’s future. It is important to have what your business needs, today, to service your customers as well as good foresight as to where you want to take your business. And you need to share these visions with your team. Many of us now have our staff back in the office, or at least have some sort of staff structure regarding who is in the office and who is working from home. I don’t care what it is, this does not stop you from driving your business forward. Holding a company meeting with staff who are in the office, and a TEAMs or Zoom hook-up with those working from home, is now the new norm. Whatever it is in your company, make it work!
KBA are here to help your business, whether it be Business Advice and Strategy, Leadership, Management or Sales Training, or end-to-end HR Advice and Support, we are here to help. Our team have the passion to help drive the results your company needs to perform. We are at the end of the 3rd month of 2021 and we are already helping our clients to stay positive and drive the motivation needed to be successful. It is not a perfect world in business at the moment and there are some companies that are too complacent, simply waiting for things to go right for them!
If you are struggling, then seek professional help for reassurance to get your company back on track in 2021. Book an appointment to see me or one of KBA’s great HR Consultants who are wanting to help you and your company to go from good to great! Sign up to one of our FREE Webinars or download FREE Useful information from our website.
KBA useful Information to help you:
- KBA FREE Information: https://keyba.com.au/free-resources/
- KBA Business Advice & Strategy: https://keyba.com.au/business-advice-strategy/
- KBA Professional Sales Training: https://keyba.com.au/professional-sales-training/
- KBA HR Advice & Support: https://keyba.com.au/hr-advice-support/
At KBA we are a team that are very passionate about taking businesses from good to great. If you need help to grow your company or to look at ways to motivate and better manage your staff, then please contact us today as we are always here to help!
If you would like help or want to know more about our services, please contact us at Key Business Advisors on 1300 4 ADVICE