With less than 8 weeks to go before this financial year finishes, now is the time to drive your team to make things happen. You need your leaders to lead, you need your sales team to perform, and most importantly you need everyone else in your business to step up and make things happen. Have a positive $$$ result, that makes you proud of your business, finishing off this Financial Year strong!
Great culture and teamwork is what makes a business tick. A big part of that culture is making sure your guns, the ‘Sales Professionals’ in your business, perform for you by really pitching in and helping your business to come home strong between now and June 30th. Get your sales team together, set company goals and work out what you want to achieve and how you can get there. The time is now to start breaking some records over the next 2 months.
Sometimes sales people can become lazy. You know what I mean? Are your people picking up the phone, creating new business, expanding current business and doing all they can to bring more business in your door. May and June are typically the best two sales months, especially for a B2B Business. Some companies want to spend, and others want to do deals but it’s all in the motivation and belief that makes a sales person perform in your business.
My recommended tips to get things moving faster for May and June are as follows:
- Bring your team together and set a challenge
- Put some good pressure on your sales professionals to make things happen
- Line up all departments and set a plan to ensure you can deliver on your promises, (products and services) so you can bill everything out by June 30
- Every Monday, you need to have a focus meeting to kick off the week
- Ensure all your Leaders in the business encourage and rev-up your sales team
- Have your Leaders in your business check in everyday to keep your business on track to deliver
- Ensure you have 100% of employee engagement with a customer focus to try and exceed on customer expectations
- Train and brainstorm ideas, then train and brainstorm again and again until it happens – remember it’s about belief and motivation!
- Create product champions to drive and make things happen
- Set your end of financial year goal now, for everyone, and offer an incentive to achieve it
In today’s world, I feel that some staff just don’t see the importance of helping a company achieve the budgets and targets of what the business needs to achieve. Staff may be doing good work but when it comes to going above and beyond, some staff just don’t do this. You need to get that motivation happening and put some emphasis around it with a focus. Now is the perfect time to test, because for many businesses that I have dealt with this year, 2018 has been up and down like a roller coaster. Don’t let May and June slip away, as you need to create that race to come home strong.
Sales is the blood of every business. No sales, no business! We all go through challenges with keeping, growing and motivating staff, but there has never been a better time to create some action in your business than now. Myself and my team at KBA train many companies on how to create better business using greater employee engagement to help businesses grow and to go from Good to Great! We know you rely heavily on your sales professionals, to develop and break into new opportunities, to educate potential customers about your products and services, how to close more sales and become that sales expert. This all contributes to delivering results for your company. What really surprises me and stands out, is that newer sales staff, with less product knowledge, can outperform other sales people who have been working for the company for a longer period. What I do know, is that good sales are linked to good techniques that capture the engagement of customers. More importantly, is the belief and motivation for a sales person to step outside their comfort zone to make things happen.
I have a few sayings:
- Show me a busy sales person, and I will show you a happy one!
- Anyone in a company who talks to a customer, needs sales training to always keep winning that customer back.
As consumers, we are always buying something, and we know when someone is passionate, we know if they have great product knowledge, and we know if they have our best interest at heart. So, set some goals and standards and have everyone step up to go above and beyond during this May and June. Drive it as hard as you can. Make your leaders in your business stand up and be strong, set those expectations and don’t lose sight of that big finish in June!
Business is not getting any easier, you need to have your team step up. This challenge will also be a good test to find out who is on board, wanting to make a difference in your company, and who just wants a job but does not really care about the overall company’s performance. From this challenge, you will know who to have those tough performance conversations with, because businesses cannot survive in today’s world with average performers!
KBA has two popular workshops coming up that maybe of interest to you, your leaders or your sales team?
- Thursday 17th May – How to Manage and Motivate Staff through a HR Process
- Thursday 14th June – B2B Sales Master Class
I hope the above has helped you with some motivation to drive your company with a higher performance between now and June 30. If you require any help with managing, motivating your staff, or you need increased sales, please do not hesitate to contact us at KBA.
If you need help in building your business, then contact us at Key Business Advisors on 1300 4 ADVICE