Some clients may be affected by the flooding around North Eastern Australia. If your business has been affected, you still have obligations to your staff. If you are not able to open/operate during your normal hours, there are some options available for you:
- Asking your staff to take a period of accrued paid leave (for example, annual leave)
- Ask your staff to change their days of work, and to consider coming in on other days to make up the time
- Agree for employees to take leave without pay
- Stand-down of staff if you meet the eligibility requirements
- All of the above must be consulted and in writing
If you believe that your business has been affected, please contact one of our HR Consultants to provide you with the best steps in managing this situation to avoid any confusion or disputes.
Our HR Consultants can help ensure that your business meets its compliance obligations.
KBA Useful Information:
- HR Advice & Support: https://keyba.com.au/hr-consulting/
- Upcoming Events: https://keyba.com.au/upcoming-events/
- HR Documents Checklist: https://keyba.com.au/hr-documents-checklist/
We invite you to join our upcoming FREE Webinar with Director, Colin Wilson and Allyson Fletcher, HR Consultant of Key Business Advisors on the 12th April 2021. Colin and Allyson will discuss the importance of implementing HR best practice in your business.
- What is HR Best Practice?
- The value of employee engagement
- Better ways to recruit and induct new staff
- Improve staff performance outcomes
- The importance of succession planning
At KBA we are a team that is passionate about taking businesses from good to great. Whether you want to grow your business, better manage your staff, ensure your business is following industry best practices, or ensuring you remain compliant, then please contacts us today as we are here to help!
If you would like help or want to know more about HR outsourcing or any of our services, please contact us at Key Business Advisors on 1300 4 ADVICE