The festive season is about to start which means many end of year break ups, Christmas parties, client events, and opportunities for people’s personalities to really shine through…or slip through. It’s that time of year where businesses deal with so many challenging cases of different personalities clashing.
The end of year celebrations is a great test to see those true personalities come out, especially when tiredness or alcohol is involved. That’s why it’s important to understand the different personality types within your organisation to mitigate any negativity following you into the new year.
Understanding the drivers of people’s personalities is what turns a company into an awesome organisation. Having a high-performance business is what every organisation strives for. These companies need to have the right staff, with the right attitudes and skill sets to build strong capabilities to achieve the company’s goals. Organisations also need great leadership to drive results in every aspect of the company, and it’s knowing all the different personality trait’s strengths that can make this happen.
Every company needs to understand how different personalities work and engage as a team. At KBA, we strongly recommend DiSC profiling. KBA facilitates a DiSC Profiling Workshop where we can help your staff better understand why people behave the way they do and how to work better with different personality types, improving the culture and efficiency within your workplace.
When undertaking a personality profile like DiSC, you develop a better understudying of people’s core strengths and what motivates them, as well as the challenges that drains their energy.
DiSC Profiling is ideal for every staff member in your workplace. There are different types of profiling that can be done such as Workplace, Leadership, Management and Sales Profiles for sales people. Facilitating a DiSC workshop is a great way to help your team understand each other, improving the overall collaboration and culture in the workplace.
How it Works
Most people have a primary style of 3 core areas for example, the D Style’s core areas are Challenge, Results & Action.
Some people might also have a primary style with shadings of others. It is also common for someone to be a combination of 2 styles i.e. Primary Style being CS Style of Accuracy, Stability and Support. All in all, people behave the way they do based on their primary style and it’s common that we alter these behaviours to accommodate other profiles within the workplace. We have these traits in us, but it’s our primary style which we prefer to behave in. DiSC is a worldwide recognised product that identifies people’s behaviours, and KBA is a strong facilitator of DiSC Profiling and Workshops.
Example of The DiSC Map
The (D Style) Dominance Personality Traits
- Priorities: getting immediate results, taking action, challenging self and others
- Motivated By: power and authority, competition, winning and success
- Fears: loss of control, being taken advantage of, vulnerability
- You will notice: self-confidence, directness, forcefulness, risk-taking
- Limitations: lack of concern for others, impatience, insensitivity
The (I Style) Influence Personality Traits
- Priorities: expressing enthusiasm, taking action, encouraging collaboration
- Motivated by: social recognition, group activities, friendly relationships
- Fears: social rejection, disapproval, loss of influence, being ignored
- Your will notice: charm, enthusiasm, sociability, optimism, talkative
- Limitations: impulsiveness, disorganisation, lack of follow-through
The (S Style) Steadiness Personality Traits
- Priorities: giving support, maintaining stability, enjoying collaboration
- Motivated by: stable environments, sincere appreciation, cooperation, opportunities to help
- Fears: loss of stability, change, loss of harmony, offending others
- You will notice: patience, team player, calm approach, good listener, humility
- Limitations: overly accommodating, tendency to avoid change, indecisiveness
The (C Style) Conscientiousness Personality Traits
- Priorities: ensuring accuracy, maintaining stability, challenging assumptions
- Motivated by: opportunities to use expertise or gain knowledge, attention to quality
- Fears: criticism, slipshod methods, being wrong
- You will notice: precision, analysis, skepticism, reserve, quiet
- Limitations: overly critical, tendency to over-analyse, isolates self
If you have never done any form of DiSC Personality Profiling in your company before, why not challenge yourself and your team to get involved this December/January period. KBA is offering 33% off on all DiSC Profiling workshops. Book by the 31st of December to receive this special offer (Conditions Apply)! The silly season is about to start so be proactive for a safe end of year finish, kick start 2019 the right way for your team. To find out how we can facilitate DiSC Profiling in your workplace, contact us today!