Interpreting and calculating payroll matters can be quite challenging in these times. We are seeing a lot of small businesses struggling to get this right. Therefore, we decided to host a ‘Payroll’ Webinar in conjunction with the City of Moonee Valley to help local businesses get through these changing times. Whether you’re applying for a stimulus such as Job Keeper payment or Standing down an employee, it’s important that you know your obligation/s as an Employer.
Slide Deck – COM-Managing your payroll during COVID-19 – Final
- Colin Wilson, Director, Key Business Advisors
- Maja Trpevska, HR Consultant, Key Business Advisors
1) The importance of getting your payroll right during COVID-19
- Why are so many businesses getting confused?
- Why record keeping is your number 1. priority
- How to reduce your liability as an employer?
2) How to avoid making payroll mistakes during COVID-19
- Understanding entitlements and non-entitlements through Job Keeper
- Understanding rostering, award compliance, Public Holiday payments, Casuals etc
- How to avoid potential underpayments.
3) Your obligations around staff Wages and Superannuation
- Staff hours during JobKeeper – keep the same hours or can they change?
- Do staff allowances still apply during the stand-down period or staff not working?
- Superannuation payments during JobKeeper – what do I have to pay?
4) The most common payroll questions KBA is constantly being asked?
- Can staff take leave during JobKeeper and how to process payroll
- Can I reduce an employee’s hourly rate during JobKeeper?
- Can I pay an employee pro-rata amount for JobKeeper?
5) Getting your employees back on track as we all return to work!
- The importance of getting your staff to work as a team to get your business refocused
- Ways to check in on your staff wellbeing that rebuilds staff morale and culture
- Why your Leadership is your No 1. Priority!
6) Take advantage of MVCC Business Support with their Government Funding Program
- What is it?
- How does it work?
- How to apply?